- partner: you be the teacher ill be the student ;)
- me: okay
- me: write an essay on whether theatre architecture of a particular period always reflects that period's culture. i want it on my desk by monday
- partner: oh no but... thats such a hard essay... is there anything i can do for extra credit? ;)
- me: no
- partner: but professor.... surely then i could... persuade you to extend the deadline...? ;)
- me: no
- partner: so... what do you want, professor?? ;)))
- me: an essay on whether theatre architecture of a particular period always reflects that period's culture. on my desk. by monday
Tip for all my student readers: if you’re too lazy to use a bibliography creator like NoodleBib or RefWorks, let Google generate your bibliography entries for you. All you have to do is google the article/book title in Google Scholar, click “cite” at the bottom of the search result, and copy either the MLA, APA, or Chicago cite into your word document.
Signal boost because omg how did I not know this in college?
Since registration is starting soon I figure this is ample time to remind the six people who look at my Tumblr that citing your sources is really important in college and that this will be your best friend forever.
If you’re in high school and want to go to college? Learn to source! You’ll be way ahead of the curve and it’s 100% more important than knowing what the hell a predicate nominative is.
I use http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/ to figure out how to cite for my papers, and it’s been quite useful for the three years I’ve been at this!
im crying i have this project due in two days and i didnt do tgis yet ho y fuckl
waking up and checking your tumblr like it’s the morning paper
I made a political cartoon for English class about issues in school
It focuses on how teens are expected to make career defining choices with barely any experience, and also how parents often take so much authority that their child’s decision is not actually their own
If this gets some notes then I’ll make a colored version
thank fucking you. this defines me a few years ago really accurately
story time! At college some of us were talking about tattoos we want. Our teacher said “you don’t want to get a tattoo at eighteen because you might change your mind.” I said “I had to decide my entire career path when I was fourteen when I chose my GCSEs. I think I can decide on a bird on my wrist at eighteen.”
the past is a strange place
cops on bikes used to transport criminals like this
this guy worked as an alarm for waking people up
one wheel motorcycle
pin-boys who manually lined pins up
baby cage for families who wanted their kids to get enough sunlight
zoo-keeper showering a penguin
But who woke up the guy that woke everyone else up